This stunning salad from The Sandbar is the perfect accompaniment for any fall feast
- 2 to 3 beets (depending on size) steamed and sliced, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 package of mixed greens salad
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Roasted Brussels sprouts leaves (approximately ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons pecans, halved or chopped
- 1 cup of cooked barley, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Steam 2 to 3 beets and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Cook 1 cup of barley and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Trim outer leaves from Brussels sprouts, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 400° for approximately 10 minutes or until leaves are crispy.
- Toss mixed greens in a bowl with dressing (recipe below).
- Place goat cheese, dried cranberries, pecans, beets and barley in salad and toss.
- Add crispy Brussels sprout leaves as a garnish to the top of the salad.
Dressing (makes approximately ¾ cup)
- 1 teaspoons honey
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1¼ tablespoons chopped shallots
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serves approximately 5 people