These cookies are light, fluffy, and super easy to make
This recipe for Lemon Drop Cookies is from Lisa Beecroft, owner and head baker at Port Moody’s Gabi & Jules Bakery. These cookies are light, fluffy, and super easy to make. They’re among the favourites at the bakery.
Looking for something sweet to do this winter? It's time to start gearing up for the BC SPCA’s Treat Week™ (February 24th to March 1st), when animal lovers across the province make or buy treats and give them away to raise money for abused, abandoned and neglected animals.
This year, the BC SPCA is offering a special gift to fundraisers: Those who kick of their fundraising with a self-donation of $25 or more will be sent a digital Treat Week™ Cookbook, full of sweet and savoury recipes from well-known local chefs, bloggers, and foodies. For more information and to sign up, click here.
Recipe for Lemon Drop Cookies
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Icing sugar to coat
- Cream together cream cheese and butter. Add sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and salt.
- Add egg and yolks and beat until creamy (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Scoop dough into balls (golf-ball sized).
- Gently toss in icing sugar until ball is well-coated.
- Place on greased baking sheet or sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 12 minutes until no longer soft on top.