The Greek by Anatoli shares their recipe for this tasty Mediterranean appetizer
- 5 black tiger prawns, deveined
- 1 jar of your favourite store-bought tomato sauce
- 3 whole white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz of hard feta cheese, grated
- 2 oz olive oil
- 2 oz ouzo
- In a medium-sized frying pan, gently heat your olive oil. Add the prawns and mushrooms.
- Sautée until the prawns and mushrooms are cooked, then add the garlic for the last minute of cooking, making sure not to burn it.
- Then add your ouzo (be careful if you have a gas range because the alcohol will catch on fire). The flambé of the prawns will add smokiness.
- Add your tomato sauce and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes. Next add the feta cheese and let it melt.
- Place the prawns and sauce in a bowl. Garnish with a little more shredded feta. Serve with grilled pita bread.
Visit The Greek by Anatoli and order Iani's Prawns to have this dish prepared by the experts!