Chef Stewart Boyles of Culinary Capers shares how to make this colourful and nutritious salad that's perfect for alfresco dining
- 2 lb baby beets, tops removed
- 3 cups baby lettuce mix
- 3 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts chopped
- ½ cup Tarragon Apple Cider Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Roast baby beets until tender. Peel and cut in halves or quarters, depending on how large they are.
- Dress beets and greens with vinaigrette. Season to taste.
- Arrange the greens on a platter, top with the beets and finish with the toasted walnuts
Tarragon Apple Cider Grainy Mustard Vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1½ tsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk ingredients together.
- Season to taste.
Yield ½ cup
Shop This Story
Culinary Capers is celebrating summer with an enticing alfresco dinner menu that pairs perfectly with summer’s easy-living vibes. Available for pick-up and delivery are this beet salad, a roasted cauliflower quinoa salad and a kale Caesar salad. Mains include grilled chicken shawarma and baked Lois Lake Steelhead. Dessert features B.C. cherry pie. The menu serves 8 to 10 people for $384.