Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make it count
Kick off your day with these nutritional powerhouses...
- Eggs are undeniably healthy and delicious. Studies have shown that eating eggs at breakfast increases feelings of fullness, reduces the caloric intake at the next meal and helps maintain steady blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Greek yogurt is made by straining whey and other liquid from the milk curds, which produces a creamier yogurt that is more concentrated in protein.
- Coffee is high in caffeine, which has been shown to improve mood, alertness and mental performance.
- Oatmeal is the best breakfast choice for cereal lovers. Its unique fibre, called beta-glucan, can help tor reduce cholesterol.
- Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and a high source of fibre.
- Berries are packed with antioxidants, lower in sugar than other fruits, yet higher in fibre.
- Green tea contains a healthy dose of polyphenols and antioxidants. It contains caffeine, which improves alertness and mood, and raises the metabolic rate.